If you are looking for a professional and reliable pre-purchase used car inspection service, look no further. Being a car buyer myself I know what you are looking for in a used car, truck or SUV. They should be clean, well maintained, accident free, and have a solid frame with no rust or corrosion. You want everything working as it should, with reliable mechanical and electric systems. That is why I do what I do! My pre-purchase used car inspection will provide you exactly what you need to make that informed purchase decision in an easy to understand typed checklist format, with about 100 photos, HD video of the features and options as well as the engine running through the RPM range. I also include a FULL factory-level diagnostic scan of the onboard electronics with a laptop based system (not just a handheld scanner like the other guys). The following is what my pre-purchase used car inspection details for you, but this list does not do it justice. The FTC wrote a great article about buying a used car but you likely already know that if you are on my site.
- Full Undercarriage Inspection checking for corrosion damage, rot, swiss cheese, or rust. I will be checking for previous accidents and the quality of any repairs which may have been performed.
- Full Mechanical Inspection of the engine, transmission, drive line, steering, suspension, brakes and linkages. Fluid levels, oil condition, preventive maintenance checks, hoses, belts, lines, connections, and leak checks are all part of my visual inspection. The only thing I don’t do is take anything apart with tools.
- Full Electrical Inspection of all visible wiring, operation of all features and options such as windows, locks, wipers, radio, antennas etc. I even examine the battery to ensure it is mounted properly. I perform a full factory level diagnostic scan on the onboard computer system to ensure all sensors and wiring is operating within manufacturer specifications. If any warning lights are on, I provide the code and what the code means for you.
- Full Body Inspection checking the quality and originality of the body panels, paint quality, checking for body filler, glass and rubber seals, door jams, trim and emblems and noting the condition of each area.
- Full Tire and Wheel Inspection checking for age of the tires, tread life, spare tire presence, and wheel condition. I also check for lug nuts and hub cap damage and note the wheel type in my report. Hub caps are not removed to check for lug nuts. I check and make sure tools, jacks and kits are with the vehicle if equipped a well as the books and keys!
- Full Test Drive Inspection which examines the vehicle performance under both highway speeds and city driving speeds. I take the vehicle through various situations such as smooth roads and bumpy roads. I put the vehicle through a rigorous test drive running the vehicle through the full RPM range and all gears as well as full lock to lock steering and soft and hard braking.
All of my pre-purchase used car inspections are performed personally. I DO NOT utilize contractors or buddies to do inspections for me. I know that sometimes makes scheduling tough, but you will get the best quality, most in-depth and most thorough inspection on the market.
My pre-purchase used car inspections come with a full detailed inspection checklist that is easy to read and understand (no handwritten inspections), 100+ photos and video of the body, features and options. I include images of the engine running through the RPM ranges so you get a feel for how it is running. I deliver all my inspections through Dropbox via a private link only you receive. There is no need for an account or messy login. I also offer phone consultation before and after the inspection process. I can even provide a consult through Zoom Video Conference after the inspection is ready for viewing.
If you would like to view a sample of a past pre-purchase used car, truck or SUV vehicle inspection I have performed, just send me a message through my contact form to request one. I am happy to oblige.