If you are on the search for someone to provide you with mobile RV pre-purchase inspection services, I will start off by saying that my wife and I are seasoned campers. Combined, we have over 30 years of camping experience. That being said, we have seen the good, bad and the ugly-we have owned them all! We started off tent camping, and have worked our way through two popups, a 2001 Prowler, and now have a 2015 Hideout travel trailer. I am a Level II NRVIA Certified RV Inspector. This means I not only know what areas need inspected, I also KNOW HOW TO INSPECT THEM. Your camper, travel trailer or 5th wheel will go through a gauntlet of an RV pre-purchase inspection, checking from the nose to the tail, and from the roof to the undercarriage. Here is basic list of what I will be checking for you but it is not all inclusive. CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE REPORT
- I start all my RV mobile inspection services on camper, travel trailer and 5th wheels on the roof. I do this because that is where leaks start 99% of the time from worn-out sealant, damages and roof membrane tears. On my way up the ladder (if equipped), I check the back of the camper and the ladder mounts. I check around the AC, vents, covers, antenna, any other mounted devices, and all sealant on the roof. In the event the camper does not have a ladder, that is not a problem. I bring one along!
- I then do a walk around the RV to check the walls, window seals, seals and around all vents. I also perform a “hot skin” test to make sure there is no electrical current running through the body of the camper from dangerous wiring. While going around the camper, I remove the refrigerator and hot water heater covers for later inspection. I also check all exterior storage compartments and latches.
- Inside the unit, I turn EVERYTHING on. AC, heater, microwave, all electronics. If the system is wired correctly and connected to a proper shore power, the entire camper should stay powered on without tripping breakers. I also check all outlets, lights, the stove, oven, thermostat etc. I check outlets for proper wiring and operation using special testing tools. I leave the fridge and hot water heater on for further inspection. Nothing is left untested during my RV pre-purchase inspections.
- If there is water available, I will test the water pump placing it under full load with all faucets open, and then turning it off to see if there are any leaks under pressure. The system should run for a moment and pressurize the system, and then hold for the full time of the inspection. I visually check for leaks throughout the camper, both fresh water plumbing and drains.
- While still inside the camper, I check all the floor around the edges and corners as well as the ceiling in all cabinets and corners for soft spots and evidence of prior leaks, paying close attention to any suspect areas from my RV pre-purchase roof inspection.
- An electrical test is performed on the battery by disconnecting the unit from shore power and turning off all electrical items. I then also examine the wiring to the battery and junction box, checking for corrosion, broken or loose wires.
- I then perform an inspection of the brakes, wiring, lights (I connect my truck to the camper), tires, wheels, lug nuts, axles, u-bolts, suspension hangers, and of course, the spare tire.
- The hot water heater should have produced some warm water by now (about one hour into the inspection) and refrigerator should have cooled down enough to feel a difference. I then examine both units outside, testing the hot water heater control board and the fridge system and flute.
- My RV pre-purchase inspection includes an unlimited number of photos and I provide some video of certain items working such as the microwave and vents, TV’s powering on or audio systems.
All of my RV mobile inspection services are performed personally. I DO NOT utilize contractors or buddies to do inspections for me. I know that sometimes makes scheduling tough, but you will get the best quality, most in-depth and most thorough inspection on the market. Some of my competitors use “inspectors” that show up in shorts and flip flops and provide a 2 page hand written report. YOU GET PROFESSIONAL SERVICE HERE! CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE REPORT
I deliver all my RV mobile inspection services through Dropbox via a private link only you receive. There is no need for an account or messy login. I also offer phone consultation before and after the inspection process, and can even provide a consult through Zoom Video Conference after the inspection is ready for viewing.
If you would like to view a sample of one of my pre-purchase RV mobile inspection services on a motor home, camper, travel trailer or 5th wheel I have performed, just send me a message through my contact form to request one. I am happy to oblige.
Proudly providing mobile RV inspection services in St Louis, Missouri; St Charles, Missouri; O’Fallon, Missouri; St Peters, Missouri; Wentzville, Missouri; Arnold, Missouri; Springfield, Missouri; Cape Girardeau, Missouri; Columbia, Missouri; Kansas City, Missouri; Belleville, Illinois; Collinsville, Illinois; Marion, Illinois; Mt Vernon, Illinois; Carlyle, Illinois; Vandalia, Illinois; Springfield, Illinois; Effingham, Illinois; Litchfield Illinois.